CUCUMBER CASES WITH FETA AND CRANBERRY AND ORANGE RELISH
(makes 24 serves)
This is a quick to put together tasty little number to serve with drinks or as part of a fingerfood lunch. If you have a melon baller use it to de-seed the cucumber.
300g (1 small) cucumber (washed, cut in half lengthwise and deseeded)
30g (2 tbsp) quark or Greek-style yoghurt
65g feta, preferably a soft creamy version
freshly ground black pepper
Cranberry and Orange Relish
3-4 chives (washed and cut into 2-2.5cm lengths)
- To make cucumber cases cut cucumber halves evenly into 3cm pieces. Cut a tiny slice off the bottoms of cucumber pieces to help cases sit flat.
- In a small bowl combine quark or yoghurt with feta and pepper to taste. Stir until combined but not smooth.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of feta mixture onto each cucumber case. Lightly press down to help it adhere to the cucumber.
- Transfer the cases to a serving platter and top with a teaspoon of Cranberry and Orange Relish.
- Garnish with chives and serve at room temperature.