The house and gardens at our 25-acre Te Horo property, Springfield, are often the venue for memorable events, as guests appreciate the gracious relaxed atmosphere.
The 1910 restored colonial homestead is set in a 2-acre garden with sweeping lawns, established trees and a pretty stream. It is an ideal and select venue for private lunches and dinners, conference partner programmes and weddings. Comfortably seating up to 40 guests inside, plus an enclosed verandah protected from the weather which is ideal for pre-dinner drinks.
A favourite ceremony venue, the charming small church of St Margarets is conveniently situated at the foot of Springfield’s drive. Laden with spring roses, this creates a lovely bridal walk to the wedding celebration.
Because you have exclusive access to Springfield as a client, you can plan your event around the whole facility – inside and outside. Maybe drinks on the lawn, lunch on the verandah, and dinner in front of the fire?
The homestead's spacious country-style kitchen is a friendly place for small groups to eat, or for ‘hands-on' cooking classes.
Our sustainable kitchen garden is essential for us, supplying our own regular salad leaves and herbs for our chefs.
We would love to discuss hosting your event at Springfield House. Email email@example.com or call our team on 06 364 3161.
We also have our Garden Room available for groups and events. It is a wonderful glass covered conservatory area attached to our Kitchen Shop.This space is open to the public however we are able to take reservations for groups of 10 or more.
- Te Horo is one hour drive from central Wellington, allow one and half hours if driving from Wellington airport
- There is a frequent train service Wellington - Waikanae - Wellington
- Waikanae is 10 minutes drive from Te Horo, we recommend that you book ahead with local taxis and/or buses to bring you to Te Horo
- There are daily flights Paraparaumu – Auckland – Paraparaumu
- Paraparaumu is 20 minutes drive from Te Horo
- Te Horo is also a one hour drive from Palmerston North airport
- In the vicinity there are many homestays and bed and breakfasts, you can view a list here
First three images courtesy of Jaymee Phototgraphy