The use of Teflon sheet on the barbecue flat plate enables the apricots to cook without the sugar burning. This recipe is great with Brandy Snap Cigars.
INGREDIENTS360g-420g (6) apricots (halved and pitted)
30g (6 tsp) brown sugar
- Place apricots, cut side facing upward, in a non-reactive dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover and refrigerate at least four hours or overnight.
- Take apricots out of refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat barbecue flat plate to medium-hot.
- Line barbecue with a Teflon sheet.
- Place apricots in a single layer, cut side down, onto Teflon sheet on barbecue plate, drizzling any leftover juices over fruit.
- Cook 2-4 minutes till fruit is lightly caramelised. Turn fruit over and cook a further 2-4 minutes till fruit is tender but still holding its shape.
- Remove fruit from barbecue and serve immediately or place onto a non-reactive dish and cover to keep warm with a clean, dry tea towel for 10-15 minutes.
- Accompany with Brandy Snap Cigars and whipped cream flavoured with sugar and vanilla paste.