WARM SALAD OF CHICKEN AND HAZELNUTS WITH HAZELNUT DRESSING
(to serve 8)
To shed hazelnuts of their skins, roast and while they are still warm place in a sieve, with a dry cloth over them and vigorously move them around.
1-1.2kg chicken tenderloin
2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
2 cloves finely chopped garlic
200g hazelnuts (lightly roasted and skinned)
assorted small salad greens (allow 2 small handfuls per person)
1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves
15ml (1 tbsp) grapeseed or light olive oil for cooking
flaky sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
- Slice chicken into slivers and remove the muscle which is the small white sinewy join in the tenderloin.
- Pour half of the Hazelnut Marinade over chicken, refrigerate and marinate for two hours.
- Toss salad greens with parsley and arrange on individual plates or on a large serving platter.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Place a heavy frypan onto a medium heat and add oil. When oil begins to sizzle add onion and garlic to frypan and cook till soft but not brown. Season to taste.
- Pile chicken mixture onto salad greens.
- Dress salad with remaining marinade.