VANILLA SPONGE CAKE WITH CRYSTALLISED ROSE PETALS
Vanilla Cream Sponge Sandwich
2 x 17 cm sponge cake rounds
200g raspberry jam (use a good commercial version or better still make your own.)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons icing sugar Crystallised Rose Petals (very optional)
- Spread jam generously on base of each sponge cake.
- Place cream in a bowl with vanilla extract and whisk till cream has peaks.
- Slather cream on top of jam on one sponge and then top with the jam side of the second sponge.
- Sieve icing sugar on top of sponge sandwich and decorate with Crystallised Rose Petals.
- Serve on the day you assemble it.