SWEET SHORT PASTRY
(makes 1 ball/400g)
Picture shows this recipe with Caramelised Walnut and Apple Tart.
1/2 tsp salt
45g (3 tbsp) sugar
100g unsalted butter (finely diced)
1 egg yolk
45ml (3 tbsp) cold water (approximately)
- With metal blade in food processor, place flour, salt and sugar in food processor bowl.
- Sprinkle butter over flour and process till mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- In a small jug whisk egg yolk with cold water.
- With food processor running, pour egg yolk and water through feed tube. Continue to process till pastry forms a ball and sits above the blade of the machine. If pastry does not form a ball easily, remove mixture from food processor and finish the balling process with your hands.
- Knead pastry into a disc-shape, wrap in plastic wrap and rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before rolling.