SUN-DRIED TOMATO PASTA
(serves 5 as a lunch dish or 10 as an accompaniment)
4l cold water
1 tsp salt
400g dried pasta (penne, trenne, spiral or equivalent)
175g ( 3/4 cup) Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
1/2 tsp Maldon sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
25-35g Parmesan (shaved)
1/4 cup Italian parsley (roughly chopped)
- In a large pot pour water, bring to a rolling boil and add 1st measure of salt.
- Add pasta and cook according to packet instructions or until al dente.
- Drain pasta reserving a little of the cooking liquid say 1/4 cup
- Put pasta and cooking liquid in a large bowl, add Sun-dried Tomato Pesto, salt and pepper. Using two large wooden spoons gently combine pasta with pesto.
- Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan and Italian parsley.
- Serve immediately.