This is also very good with cold roast lamb or as dip to accompany flat breads.
500ml natural yoghurt
2 tsp cumin seeds (toasted) (or if you prefer 2 tsp ground cumin lightly toasted)
20 mint leaves (finely sliced)
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley leaves
1/2 tsp flaky sea salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
· Place a sieve lined with muslin over a bowl.
· Pour yoghurt into the muslin. Pull the corners together and tie up with kitchen string.
· Leave to sit in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
· The following day discard any liquids collected in the bowl and transfer yoghurt from muslin to a clean bowl.
· Place cumin seeds in a mortar and using a pestle grind finely (or grind in a spice grinder).
· Add mint, parsley, salt and pepper.
· Serve, or for even better flavour, cover and leave in refrigerator until the following day.