SKEWERED LAMB WITH BOCCONCINI CENTRES
480g lamb mince
80g (13-16) sundried tomatoes (finely chopped)
3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
3/4 preserved lemon (rind only, washed and finely chopped)
15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
3 tbsp finely chopped Italian parsley
1 1/2tsp finely chopped savory
1 1/2tsp Maldon sea salt
3/4tsp freshly ground black pepper olive oil for shallow frying
75g (3) Bocconcini balls
250g (24) cherry tomatoes
24 basil leaves
- In a bowl combine the lamb mince, sundried tomatoes, garlic, preserved lemon rind, olive oil, parsley, savory and seasoning.
- Divide the mixture into 24 even portions (about 25g) and cut Bocconcini into 24 equal pieces (about 3g each).
- Taking one portion of the lamb mixture, flatten it out and place one piece of bocconcini in the centre. Wrap the lamb around the cheese evenly and roll into an even shaped ball.
- Using a heavy based fry pan, heat enough oil in the base to enable you to shallow fry. Cook balls over medium heat, rolling them around to ensure even cooking. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat on to paper towels and cover with a clean tea towel to keep warm.
- Into the same hot frypan place the cherry tomatoes and cook over a low heat until just warmed through.
- Carefully skewer a lamb ball, followed by a basil leaf and tomato. Repeat this finishing with a 3rd tomato.
- Serve hot or warm.