(for 1 pie)
200g (1 + 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp) flour
1/2 tsp Maldon sea salt
freshly ground pepper
100g unsalted butter (finely diced or grated)
1 egg yolk
45ml (3 tbsp) cold water (approx.)
- With metal blade in food processor, place flour, salt and pepper in food processor bowl.
- Sprinkle butter over flour. Process flour and butter until it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk with cold water. With food processor running, pour egg yolk and water through feed tube. Continue to process until the pastry forms a ball and sits above the blade of the machine.
- If the pastry does not form a ball easily, remove mixture from food processor and finish the balling process with your hands.
- Knead pastry into a disc shape, wrap in plastic wrap and rest for 30 minutes in the fridge before rolling.