(yields 350g/6-8 serves)
This cold sauce uses a large amount of Italian parsley and the secret to its success is to blend it at very high speed for as short a time as possible so as not to compromise the fresh taste of the parsley.
100g sour dough bread (crusts removed and bread diced)
30ml (2 tbsp) red wine vinegar
150g (approximately 5 cups lightly packed) Italian parsley leaves (finely chopped)
1 clove garlic (crushed)
35g drained and rinsed capers in brine
500ml (2 cups) extra virgin olive oil
flaky sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
- Place bread into large bowl and pour over vinegar. Leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Add parsley, garlic, capers and two-thirds of the oil.
- Place into blender and blend on high speed till a puree is reached.
- Add remaining oil, stir in, and refrigerate till required. Taste for seasoning and add salt or pepper if required.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to five days. Serve at room temperature.