ROASTED BALSAMIC STRAWBERRIES
You will find balsamic syrup at a specialty food store or in specialty section of the supermarket. It is as thick as molasses and is a great drizzle over many fruits or creamy mixtures either sweet or savoury. This recipe is part of Labane Balls with Roasted Balsamic Strawberries and Proscuitto.
8 large strawberries (hulled)
15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
10ml (2 tsp) balsamic syrup
- Preheat oven to 100ºC.
- Place strawberries on to a low-sided roasting tray. Drizzle with oil.
- Place into preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes or till strawberries are soft and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer strawberries to a bowl.
- Pour balsamic vinegar onto roasting tray and scrape up residue juice from strawberries.
- Pour onto strawberries. Cool.
- Serve at room temperature with a drizzle of balsamic syrup.