Roast Carrot and Avocado Salad with Citrus Sour Cream and Crunchy Seeds
This is strictly my version of one of ABC Kitchen's favourite salad recipes. In the States many restaurants of this calibre have an "informal "non-photograph policy. Always ask before you take. And they almost never give recipes.
Serve as a platter with other plattered salads. Serve as a starter or as an accompaniment to simply cooked meat or poultry dishes. Excellent salad to serve at a barbecue.INGREDIENTS
565g (3 medium) carrots (peeled and cut into chunks on an angle)
1 tsp dried fennel seeds (lightly crushed)
15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
½ tsp flaky sea salt
pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 - 2 avocado (peeled, stone removed and cut into chunks)
15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
45g (3 tbsp) Citrus Sour Cream
20g (2 tbsp) Crunchy Seeds
½ cup microgreens or small salad greens
· Pre-heat oven to 210°C.
· Place carrots onto a low-sided roasting tray and sprinkle with fennel seeds, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and toss well to coat carrots.
· Place into oven and roast for 15-18 minutes or until carrots are tender and beginning to caramelise. Cool to warm or room temperature and place carrots onto a serving platter.
· Place avocado into a large bowl and drizzle with lemon juice. Gently, using a rubber spatula toss avocado to coat. Scatter avocado in amongst the carrot.
· Drizzle with Citrus Sour Cream. Sprinkle with Crunchy Seeds and scatter greens on top.
· Best served at room temperature within an hour of assembly.