RHUBARB AND STRAWBERRY COMPOTE
A simple fruit dessert can be the perfect completion to a meal. Serve this striking compote in dessert glasses to enjoy its cheerful colour.
600g (6-8 stalks) rhubarb (peeled and cut into 3cm lengths)
105g (1/2 cup) sugar
300g (1 punnet) large strawberries (cut into quarters)
- Place rhubarb and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb begins to go pulpy. Add strawberries and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until strawberries just begin to release their juices. The aim is to keep the strawberry quarters intact.
- Remove from heat and cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving stir in lemon juice.
- Sprinkle each serve with Michaels Brown Bread Praline and top with Vanilla Crème Fraîche .