Mark allows approximately 100g of vegetables in total per guest. If you have a hungry crew, of course allow more.
200g red pepper (halved and seeded)
extra virgin olive oil
200g eggplant (cut into very small dice)
200g courgettes (cut into very small dice)
Maldon sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic (peeled and finely diced)
1 sprig thyme
200ml (approx) Tomato Sauce
18 Roasted Marinated Olives
- Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- Place peppers onto a lightly oiled baking tray, place in oven and roast for 10 minutes or until skin blisters. Place in a bowl and cover with a lid or plastic wrap.
- When peppers are cool enough to handle remove skin and place peppers back onto baking tray and place in oven to cook for a further 10 minutes or until peppers are soft.
- Smear a frypan with oil and place over a medium to high heat. Place eggplant in frypan and toss until it is browned on all sides. If frypan is ovenproof transfer frypan to oven. Alternatively place eggplant in a small roasting tray and place in oven. Roast for about 10 minutes or until eggplant is silky.
- Smear a frypan with oil and place over a medium to high heat. Place courgettes in frypan and toss until they are browned on all sides. Half way through this process, add garlic and thyme. Mark likes to cook courgettes just prior to serving to preserve their colour.
- Place the three vegetables in a bowl, add enough Tomato SauceTomato Sauce to moisten vegetables and taste for seasoning. Just before serving add Roasted Olives.
Recipes associated with this recipe:
Lamb Rack and Provencal Vegetables with Potato Garlic Puree
Potato Garlic Puree