PICKLED BLACKBERRY SAUCE
300ml jar of Blackberry Pickle
125ml (½ cup) venison, beef or chicken stock
1 tbsp (15ml) of Creme de Cassis or Creme de Mure (blackcurrant or blackberry liqueur)
1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice, or to taste
Maldon sea salt freshly ground black pepper
- Drain Blackberry Pickle retaining blackberries and the juice.
- Place venison roasting pan onto a medium to high heat and pour juice into the pan.
- Bring juice to the boil, scraping any residue from bottom of pan. Add stock and bring back to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer till liquid is thick and syrupy.
- Add liqueur, lemon juice and seasoning to taste.
- Just before serving add blackberries, stir to combine being careful not to break the blackberries