NEIMAN MARCUS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
If you consider yield too large freeze part of the dough to make into cookies at a later stage. Better still ball the extra dough and freeze as balls.
2 + 1/2 cups rolled oats
280g (2 cups) flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
250g (1 cup) butter (cubed and softened)
200g (1 cup) brown sugar
200g (1 cup) sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 eggs (lightly whisked)
4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Place baking paper or teflon sheets onto baking trays.
- Place small amounts of rolled oats in a food processor at a time and process until they turn to a powder.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a separate bowl.
- Place butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla in a bowl, or in a bowl of an electric mixer, and beat until well blended. Add eggs and mix together. Add flour mixture to butter and sugar mixture and stir until just blended. Add powdered rolled oats and stir until blended. Add chocolate chips and stir in. The dough will be stiff.
- Divide dough into 60 equal-sized balls and place dough on prepared baking trays about 5cm apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Remove from baking trays to cool, and store in an airtight container