Mini Zucchini Loaves
(makes 16-20 small loaves)
We use Mini Loaf Tins.
450g (3 cups) flour
300g (1½ cups) sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
420g (3 cups) coarsely grated unpeeled zucchini
260g (1½ cups) raisins
260g (1½ cups) sultanas
110g (1 cup) walnuts (chopped)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
250ml (1 cup) extra light olive oil or canola oil (i.e. an oil with very low flavor)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Spray or grease with butter 16 individual black Teflon-coated loaf tins or 20 silver Teflon-coated small loaf tins in trays.
- Into a large bowl sift together flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add zucchini, raisins, sultanas and nuts, and toss ingredients together.
- Into another bowl place eggs, vanilla and oil and whisk together.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir till just combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf tins to three-quarters fill the tins.
- Bake loaves for approximately 14-18 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow loaves to cool. Drizzle 1½-2 teaspoons of Lemon Drizzle on each loaf.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 3 days.
- Slice to serve.
190g (1½ cups) icing sugar (sieved)
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
45ml (3 tbsp) lemon juice
15ml (1 tbsp) extra light olive oil or canola oil
- In a small bowl combine icing sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil or canola oil and whisk till smooth.