(makes 25 x 65g serves)
This is almost like eating dessert. Serve with poached mandarins
125g whole almonds (skins on)
125g macadamia (roughly chopped)
125g dried cranberries
125g dried nectarine halves (sliced)
125g dried pear halves (sliced)
375g rolled oats
100g raw sugar (for extra flavour use vanilla raw sugar)
100g desiccated coconut
100g bran flakes
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
2 tbsp milk powder
250ml (1 cup) milk
15ml (1 tbsp) salad oil
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Place almonds and macadamia into a low sided baking tray and place in oven. Roast nuts for 5-7 minutes or till lightly golden and aromatic. Cool. • Add cranberries, nectarines and pears to nut mixture and combine.
- In a separate bowl, place oats, sugar, coconut, bran flakes, cinnamon, mixed spice and milk powder and combine.
- Place milk and oil in a bowl and combine. Add milk mixture to rolled oats mixture. Stir until mixture is just dampened.
- Place mixture in a low-sided baking dish and bake for 50-60 minutes, turning the mixture frequently or till mixture is golden and feels dry.
- Remove dish from oven and add nut and fruit mixture. Stir to combine and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a month. Serve with milk, Serve with poached fruit and/or yoghurt.