Limoncello Ice Cream
This recipe is technically a frozen parfait, rather than an ice cream. It is creamy and luscious but does not require churning. Serve with berries or poached fruit if you wish. I particularly enjoy it with sliced strawberries tossed with sliced basil.
3 egg yolks
95g (1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp) castor sugar (1st measure)
450ml (1 ¾ cups + 1 tbsp) cream
95g (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp) castor sugar (2nd measure)
45ml (3 tbsp) Limoncello
· Place egg yolks in a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk, add first measure of castor sugar and whisk until pale yellow and creamy.
· In a separate bowl place cream and second measure of castor sugar and whip until soft peaks form.
· Pour cream mixture onto egg yolk mixture and, using a large spoon or spoon-shaped spatula, gently fold ingredients together.
· Slowly pour Limoncello into cream mixture and, using a large spoon or spoon-shaped spatula, fold to combine.
· Pour mixture into Ice Cream Tub. Cover ice cream with lid from tub. Freeze overnight, or for up to 3 weeks.