LEMON AND BLUEBERRY DELICIOUS PUDDING
Blueberries provide lemon delicious pudding with small bursts of summery flavour. A terrific dessert to whip up when you are in a hurry.
60g (6 tbsp) butter (diced and at room temperature)
310g (1 + ½ cups) castor sugar
3 eggs (separated)
21g (3 tbsp) self-raising flour
375ml (1 + ½ cups) milk
60ml (4 tbsp) lemon juice
4 tsp lemon zest
100g (2/3 cup) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease 1 x 29cm oval gratin with baking spray or melted butter.
- Into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, place butter and sugar, and process till pale and creamy. Add egg yolks and process for 1 minute till well combined.
- Add flour and milk and process to make a smooth batter. You will need to scrape mixture from sides of processor bowl and process again to achieve this.
- Add lemon juice and zest and pulse to combine. Remove batter from food processor to a bowl.
- Place egg whites into a bowl and whisk till soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into batter using a metal spoon. Pour batter into prepared gratin.
- Sprinkle batter with blueberries.
- Stand gratin in a roasting tray and pour in hot water to come halfway up the sides of gratin.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or till mixture is set but still wobbly when you gently shake the gratin.
- Serve warm with lots of cold whipped cream.