HOT SMOKED SALMON AND ENDIVE SANDWICHES
(yields 24 club sandwiches)
260g (1+ 1/2 cups) hot smoked salmon
45ml (3 tbsp) mayonnaise (could be Sandwich Mayonnaise)
1 tbsp prepared horseradish
1 tbsp finely chopped chives
1/2 tsp Maldon sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
juice of 1 lemon
18 slices white bread 200g butter
240g Sandwich Mayonnaise extra
Maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
30g (about 20 leaves) endive (washed and dried)
- Break salmon into chunky flakes.
- Into a small bowl place salmon, mayonnaise, horseradish, chives, salt, pepper and lemon juice and combine gently with a wooden spoon. Check for seasoning.
- On a clean work surface lay all bread slices in 3 rows of 6.
- Butter all bread slices and spread with Sandwich Mayonnaise.
- Generously spread 1st row of bread slices with salmon mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and cover with 2nd slice of bread with butter/mayonnaise facing downwards.
- Butter top side of bread and spread with Sandwich Mayonnaise. Top with endive and final slice of bread.
- Using an electric knife remove all crusts and cut sandwiches into 4 squares or triangles.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Sandwich Mayonnaise