HERB AND PEPPER CRUSTED SALMON WITH CREAMED SWEET CORN
Serve as an entree or main course with small, peeled, boiled potatoes and wilted spinach. The salmon is placed into a simple marinade before roasting and it seems to dispel some of the salmon's richness.
6 x 100g-150g salmon fillets (skin on, bone out)
65ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 garlic clove (crushed)
15ml (1 tbsp) Kikkoman soy sauce
1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley leaves
Creamed Sweet Corn
1 tbsp chopped chervil sprigs
1 tsp crushed (or coarsely ground) black peppercorns
15ml (1 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp diced red capsicum
lemon halves and grind of black pepper for garnish
- Place salmon fillets into a low-sided bowl and add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and soy sauce. Gently toss together and leave at room temperature for 30 minute.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Remove salmon from marinade and pat dry on paper towels. Place on a low-sided roasting tray with skin-side down.
- Place parsley, chervil and peppercorns into a small bowl and combine. Sprinkle herb mixture onto surface of salmon and pat it down.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, place in oven and roast for 5-7 minutes or till salmon is cooked medium-rare.
- Spoon Creamed Sweet Corn onto warmed plates, sprinkle with some of the red capsicum, saving a small amount for garnish. Place salmon fillet on corn and capsicum.
- Garnish with a lemon half, remainder of red capsicum and a grind of black pepper.