GREEN BEAN AND TOMATO SALAD
This is a very flavoursome warm salad and if you wanted to present it as a vegetarian dish top with barbecued eggplant as opposed to prawns.
salt for cooking beans
400g beans (topped and tailed and sliced with a
15ml (1 tbsp) oil
240g-260g (24) cherry tomatoes
12-16 basil leaves (roughly torn)
10-12 mint leaves (roughly torn)
2 tbsp coriander leaves
flaky sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and lightly salt.
- Add beans and cook for three minutes or till just tender. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. You can do this a day ahead if you wish.
- When ready to serve preheat barbecue flat plate to medium heat and for ease place a Teflon sheet on flat plate.
- Place beans onto the Teflon sheet (or directly onto flat plate) and cook for 2 -3 minutes, tossing regularly till heated through.
- Remove from barbecue, and to keep beans warm place in a plastic container lined with a clean wet tea towel.
- Pour oil onto tomatoes and toss so tomatoes are coated in oil. Place on barbecue and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or till tomatoes are just warmed. Add to beans.
- When ready to serve transfer beans and tomatoes to a warm bowl, add herbs, salt and pepper and gently toss to combine.