GOLDEN SYRUP PANCAKES
Severed with Macerated Tamarillos, Ricotta & Grilled Bacon
Severed with Macerated Tamarillos, Ricotta & Grilled Bacon This is a hearty brunch dish. If you can use Zany Zeus ricotta as it is very creamy, acidic and sweet.
225g (1 1/2 cups + 2 tbsp) self raising flour
¼ tsp salt
35g (3 tbsp) castor sugar
285ml (1 cup plus 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp) milk
40g (3 tbsp) golden syrup (warmed)
10g (1 tbsp) clarified butter
340g (1¾ cups) ricotta
- Into a large bowl sieve flour, salt and sugar.
- In a second bowl whisk eggs, milk and golden syrup.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk and egg mixture, whisking all the time until the batter is smooth and thick.
- Cover and leave to rest in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Melt a small piece of clarified butter in a 9cm crepe pan, or alternatively 1 large pan. When the pan is hot pour 2 tablespoons of batter onto the centre of the crepe pan to form 1 pancake, or alternatively into the large pan you could make 3 at a time.
- Cook for 45 seconds to 1 minute or until bubbles which have formed on top of pancake pop.
- Flip pancake and cook on the second side until golden brown.
- Slide onto a warm plate and keep warm under a clean, damp tea towel.
- Repeat until all pancake mixture is used up.
- To serve place one pancake on the plate and top with 2 tablespoons of ricotta. Drizzle with a tablespoonful of syrup from the tamarillos. Top with a 2nd pancake, 2 tablespoons of ricotta, another drizzle of syrup and finish with the 3rd pancake.
- Place 3 rashers of bacon on top and a tamarillo beside the stack.