GLAZED HAM ON THE BONE
(Serves 50 (depending on ham weight) as part of a buffet)
If you are planning to have a ham over Christmas the first time you serve it, serve it hot. Carve your ham like you would a loaf of bread cutting down to the bone rather than across.
1 large cooked ham on the bone
3/4 cup marmalade (you could use honey or brown sugar)
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
250ml (1 cup) sherry, orange juice or pineapple juice
- Remove the skin from the ham leaving a layer of fat on the ham.
- With a sharp knife cut the surface of the ham diagonally at 3cm intervals to form diamond shapes, being careful not to cut into the flesh.
- Place the ham in a roasting tray lined with aluminium foil.
- Heat marmalade with Dijon mustard and stir until it is combined and strain.
- Pour sherry into roasting tray and brush strained marmalade mixture over ham.
- Bake in a 150ºC oven for 1-1_ hours basting frequently.
- During the last 20 minutes of baking, you may like to garnish the ham with pickled or preserved fruit.
- Serve with Roasted Mustard.