GARLIC AND LEMON CHICKEN WITH ROCKET
This is the chicken to cook when you really want whole roasted chicken but don't have the time.
3 lemons (unpeeled, very finely sliced)
8-10 small sprigs rosemary
6 cloves garlic (unpeeled)
6 single corn-fed chicken breasts (skin on)
15ml (1 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 large handfuls rocket leaves
6 lemon wedges
120g Parmesan (shaved)
- Preheat oven to 200*C.
- In the base of a roasting tray just large enough to fit the chicken place lemon slices, 4 rosemary sprigs and 4 unpeeled cloves of garlic.
- Peel the other 2 cloves of garlic. Smash 1 with the back of a knife and rub it all over the chicken. Slice the other and place 1 slice of garlic under the skin of each breast. Place a sprig of rosemary under the skin of the chicken next to the garlic.
- Place chicken breasts on top of lemons and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and roast, basting once or twice, for 15-20 minutes or till juices run clear. Remove from oven and to rest chicken cover tray with aluminium foil and leave at room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice each breast and place on individual plates or a platter. Scatter rocket leaves over chicken, drizzle with pan juices and garnish with lemon wedges and Parmesan.