Festive Stuffed Dates
Make and pack as gifts. Serve after main course as a small fingerfood dessert with coffee.
50g (1/3 cups + 1 tbsp) dried apricots (finely chopped)
30g (2 tbsp + 1 tsp) crystallized ginger (finely chopped)
50g (1/3 cup) raisins (roughly chopped)
75ml brandy (warmed)
50g pistachio nuts (toasted and roughly chopped)
560g (25) fresh dates
50g chocolate (melted)
- Combine apricots, ginger and raisins. Pour brandy over fruit.
- Set aside to macerate for at least 20 minutes and then add pistachios.
- Cut dates lengthwise along one side and remove stone.
- Fill cavity of each date with a teaspoon of stuffing mixture and leave the cut edges apart so the stuffing is exposed.
- Using a fork drizzle chocolate in a diagonal pattern over the top cut edge of the dates. Refrigerate in an airtight container till required.
- Serve at room temperature.