Double or triple this recipe to store sprinkle to add crunch and flavour to many vegetable dishes. I like it on steamed green beans which have been dressed with lemon infused olive oil, or on a melange of roasted pumpkin, kumara and parsnip.Ingredients
8g (1 tbsp) quinoa
125ml (½ cup) water
16g (2 tbsp) pumpkin seeds
8g (1 tbsp) chia seeds
8g (1 tbsp) linseeds
13g (2 tbsp) sunflower seeds
· Pre-heat oven to 150°C.
· Into a small bowl place quinoa and water and leave to soak for at least one hour or overnight. Drain well and tip onto a paper-towel lined tray to remove excess water.
· Transfer quinoa to a low-sided roasting tray and place into oven for 5 minutes or until quinoa is light golden brown and starting to pop. Place quinoa into a small bowl.
· Place pumpkin seeds onto a low-sided tray and place into pre-heated oven and roast for 5-6 minutes until puffed up and crispy. Repeat the same process with the chia, linseed and sunflower seeds but roasting for a lesser time of 4-5 minutes, or until crunchy and dried.
· Add seeds to bowl with quinoa and toss to combine.
· Serve warm or cold.
· Store in an airtight container in pantry for up to 1 month.