(Makes 20- 30 Crostini)
There is confusion between crostini and bruschetta. Crostini is sliced French stick brushed with olive oil and baked until crisp. Bruschetta is French stick brushed with olive oil and fried. Crostini will keep for a few days, bruschetta is to be eaten fresh.
1 - 2 French sticks
- Cut 20 - 30 diagonal slices from a French stick. The longer the diagonal the larger the Crostini will be.
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Brush each slice generously with olive oil on both sides.
- Place on baking tray and place tray into oven.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until bread is light golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use. These can be made 2 or 3 days in advance.