CREPES (FOR CREPE GATEAU)
(makes 16 crepes)
If you are an inexperienced crepe-maker make double the batter recipe as the first crepes may not be a success. Practice does make perfect and remember crepes can be made ahead of gateau assembly.
This recipe forms part of the Crepe Gateau with Spinach and Mushrooms recipe.
125ml (1/2 cup) milk
125ml (1/2 cup) water
1/4 tsp flaky sea salt
140g (1 cup) flour)
20g (2 tbsp) butter (melted)
extra butter for cooking crepes
- Place milk, water, eggs, salt, flour and butter in bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process for 20 seconds or till smooth, scraping down sides of bowl if required.
- Place in a bowl, cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat a non-stick 15cm crepe pan, or similar pan, till hot. Place a knob of butter in the pan and swirl to coat pan. Remove pan from heat and wipe out excess butter using paper towels.
- Gently stir batter.
- Pour enough batter in pan to coat pan very thinly, swirling to coat it evenly. Return to heat and cook till lightly browned and lacy. Flip and cook other side till lightly browned.
- Transfer crepe to tray and repeat till all batter is used.