CREPE GATEAU WITH SPINACH AND MUSHROOMS
(serves 4 - 6)
Accompany with a simple green salad, steamed broccoli or cauliflower. Gorgeous to eat on a cold Sunday night in front of the fire with a glass or two of chardonnay.
20g (1/4 cup) grated Gruyere Cheese
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- With baking spray, melted butter or oil lightly grease a low-sided baking tray.
- Place a crepe in centre of baking tray. Spread with 2 tablespoons of Spinach Filling. Top with second crepe and spread with 2 tablespoons of Mushroom Filling.
- Repeat the alternative layers till all crepes and filling have been used finishing with a crepe on top. Spread top and sides of gateau with approximately 250ml (1 cup) Mornay Sauce.
- Sprinkle top and sides with Gruyere cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes till heated through and golden brown. To rest the gateau: Cover with a tea towel for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter to present, or to a board to slice into wedges.