CREAMY CORN SOUP WITH TOMATO SALSA
2-3 corn cobs (husks and silk removed) or enough cobs that when kernels are removed there are 3 cups
20g (2 tbsp) butter
1/2 tsp Maldon sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
375ml (1 + 1/2 cups) water
45ml (3 tbsp) cream
2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Run a sharp knife down each corn cob to remove kernels. Discard cobs.
- Place butter in medium-size pot and melt over a low heat. Add corn, salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes, or till kernels begin to soften.
- Add water and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 12-15 minutes, or till corn is soft.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade process soup till smooth. If you would like a very smooth soup, pass pureed soup through a sieve.
- Add cream and Tomato Salsa and stir to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or reheat to serve. Garnish with chives.