CHRISTMAS FRUIT MINCE CROISSANTS
(makes 8 serves)
Choose croissants which are flaky and buttery and fill with Christmas Fruit Mince to serve at breakfast or mid morning with coffee. Terrific on Christmas morning.
320g Christmas Mince 250 ml (1 cup) cream (whipped)(optional)
16g (2 tbsp) icing sugar
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 150ºC.
- Make a cut lengthwise across the top of the croissant to about three-quarters of the depth of the croissant. Fill each cut with two rounded tbsp Christmas Fruit Mince.
- Place croissants onto a low-sided baking tray and place in a preheated oven for 6-7 minutes to warm.
- Remove from oven. If you wish, when cool enough to touch, top each croissant with whipped cream.
- In a small bowl combine icing sugar and cinnamon and shake through a fine sieve onto each croissant leaving a generous coating.
- Transfer onto a serving plate and serve warm.