CHICKEN AND ROCKET CLUB SANDWICHES
(yields 24 club sandwiches)
1 + 1/2 cups cooked chicken (finely diced)
45ml (3 tbsp) mayonnaise
15ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
3 tbsp finely chopped celery
3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
3 tbsp finely sliced spring onions
1/2 tsp Maldon sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
12 slices white sandwich bread
6 slices brown sandwich bread
200g butter (softened)
240g Sandwich Mayonnaise
extra Maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
18-24 leaves rocket (washed and dried)
- In a small bowl place chicken, mayonnaise, mustard, celery, parsley, spring onions, salt and pepper and combine with a wooden spoon. Check for seasoning.
- On a clean work surface lay all bread slices in 3 rows of 6 with brown bread in the middle row.
- Butter all bread slices and spread with Sandwich Mayonnaise.
- Generously spread 1st row of white bread slices with chicken mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and cover with a slice of brown bread, with butter/mayonnaise facing downwards.
- Butter top side of brown bread and spread with Sandwich Mayonnaise. Cover with rocket and top with final slice of white bread.
- Using an electric knife remove all crusts and cut sandwich into 4 triangles.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe for Sandwich Mayonnaise