BRANDY SNAP WAFERS
(Makes 34 brandy snap wafers)
As part of Kiwifruit Rata Honey Ice Cream Stack
65g butter (melted)
65g (2 1/2 tbsp) golden syrup
50g (1/4 cup) castor sugar
55g (9 tbsp) flour
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tbsp brandy
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together (by hand) butter, golden syrup and sugar until combined. Sift flour and ginger onto the butter mixture. Mix well and add brandy.
- Place 1/2 teaspoonfuls of mixture onto a baking tray* (do not attempt to bake more than 6 on one tray).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until Brandy Snap Wafers are golden brown in colour.
- Remove tray from oven and allow to cool for 1 minute. Carefully remove from tray and place onto a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container. Notes: