BLUFF OYSTERS WITH HORSERADISH SANDWICHES
Bluff oysters, horseradish, fresh herbs and balsamic vinegar all come together in this presentation of oysters. If you wish to make Horseradish Sandwiches the day ahead store in refrigerator in an airtight container with greaseproof paper between layers. Bring them out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving.
30g-40g (3 tbsp-4 tbsp) unsalted butter (softened)
12 slices white sandwich bread
4 tbsp finely chopped Italian parsley
4 tbsp finely chopped chervil
2 dozen-4 dozen Bluff oysters
- To make Horseradish Sandwiches: Lightly butter each slice of bread. Combine parsley and chervil in a small bowl.
- Generously spread each slice of bread with Horseradish Cream
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp herbs over 4 of the slices. Top with another slice, horseradish cream side down. Butter the top of this sandwich and spread with horseradish cream.
- Sprinkle each sandwich with 1 tbsp of mixed herbs and top with a final slice of the buttered and creamed bread.
- Cut crusts off the sandwiches and cut evenly in half.
- Serve Bluff Oysters and Horseradish Sandwiches with a small bowl of balsamic vinegar to dunk oysters and sandwiches into.