BLUFF OYSTER COCKTAIL
(makes 4 entrèe serves or 24 cocktail serves)
Now that Bluff Oysters are in season, delight your friends with this twist on an old classic. This makes 4 entrèe serves or 24 cocktail serves.
1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
8 mint leaves (finely sliced)
6 coriander leaves (finely chopped)
2 tbsp finely julienned cucumber (finely sliced in matchstick size and shape)
1 tbsp finely julienned radish (finely sliced in matchstick size and shape)
24 Bluff oysters
Paul Blain's Spicy Thai Dressing
- In a small bowl combine lettuce, mint, coriander, cucumber and radish.
- In a 2nd bowl combine oysters with some of the dressing just to coat.
- Lay out 24 Chinese soup spoons or oyster shells on a large tray.
- Place a tablespoon of salad on each spoon and top with an oyster.
- For cocktail serves arrange spoons or shells on a large platter and for entrèe serves arrange 6 spoons on 4 large dinner plates.