BEEF SALAD WITH MANUKA HONEY DRESSING
(serves 4-6 as an entrée or light main course)
This is a light and flavoursome summer time dish which can be enjoyed with the beef served either warm or cold.
375g beef fillet (trimmed of silverskin)
freshly ground black pepper
30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
Maldon sea salt
6 radishes (finely julienned)
1/2 small cucumber (peeled & finely julienned)
75g (4-6 large handfuls) rocket leaves
Manuka Honey Dressing
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Season beef all over with pepper.
- Heat a heavy-based frypan over a medium-hot heat until hot.
- Pour in oil and add beef. Sear beef on all sides until well browned.
- Transfer beef to preheated oven and roast for 5-10 minutes, or until beef is cooked medium-rare. Rest beef, covered with a heavy tea towel away from heat, for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice beef (either warm or cold) into thin slices and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine radish, cucumber and rocket in a bowl.
- Divide beef slices between 4 to 6 plates and then place equal quantities of salad mounded on top of beef
- Drizzle with Manuka Honey Dressing