Bean Salad with Orange, Craisins and Raspberry Vinaigrette
(serves 8 as an accompaniment to main course)
100ml (1/2 cup + 1 tbsp) fresh orange juice
100g (3/4 cup) dried craisins
45ml (3 tbsp) raspberry vinegar
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
¾ tsp Maldon sea salt
125 ml (½ cup) olive
600g green beans (prepared)
2 oranges (peeled and segmented)
- In a small pot heat orange juice until warm. Add craisins. Soak for approximately 5-10 minutes. Drain craisins reserving 2 tbsp liquid.
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, mustard and salt. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly until mixture is emulsified. Add the reserved cranberry juice. Set aside
- To a pot of boiling salted water add beans and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Drain immediately and immerse in iced water. Remove beans and pat dry. Place in large bowl.
- Add craisins and orange segments and gently toss with the dressing.
- Season to taste and serve at room temperature.