This recipe forms a part of the Crispy Garlic Pesto and Parmesan Flatbread recipe.
335g (2 + 1/3 cups + 1 tbsp) bakers flour
30g (3 tbsp) semolina flour
6g (1 + 1/2 tsp) table salt
5g (1 tsp) dried yeast
5ml (1 tsp) olive oil
260ml (1 cup + 2 tsp) water
- Place flours, salt, yeast and olive oil into a large mixing bowl and mix ingredients together.
- Add warm water and, using a wooden spoon, combine ingredients till a dough mass has formed.
- Tip dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10-15 minutes, taking a rest period of 30 seconds every 3-4 minutes, till dough feels smooth and elastic.
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer and, with a dough hook fitted, mix for 10 minutes or till dough is smooth and elastic.
- Roll dough into a neat ball and place into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place (a warm room should be sufficient) for 45 minutes to 1 hour or till almost double in size.
- Remove plastic wrap and tip dough onto a lightly floured bench. Gently deflate gassed dough by folding it onto itself 3-4 times, return to lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave a further 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Tip dough onto a lightly floured bench and divide into 50g portions.
- Mould each portion into a round ball and place on a floured bench or tray. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent from drying out. At this stage the dough can be kept covered and refrigerated overnight, or use immediately as per Crispy Garlic Pesto and Parmesan Flatbread.