BARBECUED PRAWNS WITH GREEN BEAN SALAD AND SESAME GINGER DRESSING
Serve as an entrèe or as the main course. This recipe can be adapted to include scallops or scampi tails.
24-28 raw prawns (heads and shells removed but tails left on)
30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat barbecue to medium high heat. Add oil with salt and pepper to taste to prawns and toss together so prawns are coated in oil.
- Place prawns on barbecue and cook for 1-2 minutes or till flesh is lightly coloured and opaque. Using a slice, as opposed to tongs, turn prawns over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or till cooked through.
- Remove prawns from barbecue, place on a warmed platter and cover with a heavy tea towel to keep warm.
- Divide Green Bean Salad into eight portions and nest in the centre of large dinner plates or place in one pile on a communal platter. Arrange prawns, sitting snugly together, on top of beans, alternating tail ends. Pour Sesame Ginger Dressing over each serving and garnish with lemon.
- Serve as soon as possible aiming for warm or room temperature.