AMARETTO CREAM TART WITH CARAMELISED BANANAS
(makes eight 10cm tarts)
1L vanilla ice cream (optional but worthwhile)
- Lay Almond Pastry Shells onto a heatproof tray.
- Divide Amaretto Cream between shells or till shells are three-quarters full.
- Slice bananas on the diagonal, sprinkle with lemon juice and arrange decoratively on top of Amaretto Cream.
- Sprinkle each Tart evenly with approx. 1/2 tsp caramel crystals.
- Using a chef's torch brulee crystals until golden brown, or place tarts under a hot grill for a very short time to melt and brown crystals. Garnish with Caramel designs. If you wish, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Serve as soon as possible so caramel does not dissolve and pastry remains crispy.