HONEY MACADAMIA SNAPS
This is a version of a brandy snap which could be rolled like a brandy snap, or curled over a rolling pin, but as a flat disc two are ideal to use as a sandwich for creams or ice creams. The crunchy texture provides a foil for the softness of the pear halves and creaminess of the Vanilla Yoghurt Cream.
A perfect accompaniment is Vanilla Yoghurt Cream with Vanilla and Verjuice Poached Dried Pears.
65g butter (melted)
65g (4 tbsp plus 1 tsp) light amber liquid honey
50g (1/4 cup less 1/2 tsp) castor sugar
55g (1/3 cup plus 1 1/2 tbsp) flour
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tbsp brandy
25g sliced macadamia (large natural slices)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- In a large bowl place butter, honey and sugar and by hand whisk till combined.
- Sift flour and ginger onto butter mixture. Mix well and add brandy.
- Spray a baking tray, or several baking trays, with baking spray or alternatively cover with Teflon sheets. Place a teaspoonful, or 10g of mixture onto a baking tray and sprinkle with a few macadamia slices. Space the spoonfuls well apart to allow for spreading.
- Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or till Honey Macadamia Snaps are light brown in colour.
- Remove tray from oven and allow to cool for 1 minute or till the biscuit has become cool enough and firm to lift.
- Using a palette knife or metal scraper, lift biscuits onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container